View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 6:10 AM
heavy user of walkability

had a rare occasion to be in MB before dark on a weekday today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCowboy View Post
I read somewhere recently that they are tweaking the design of that gateway to mesh with the building design. ....
and sure enough, trees are gone, decorative wall going (looking east):

here looking north, where you can see that the auger was in action, tho I didn't see any actual piles, so maybe they were just seeing if it worked, ha

jumping around a bit, down at 2121 Third they are making progress:

they seem to have been concentrating on the southeastern rampart of the public safety fortress this week (this is looking along China Basin St):

here looking east across block 13E, where you can see that the western portion (not talking about 13W) is not as far along (mostly rebar) as the eastern, which is seeing concrete walls rise. block 2 bonus in the background:

and this is in what will be the walkway between blocks 13E and 13W (on the right):

was able to wander over to get a closer look at block 11 too - my camera battery ran out at that point, but it looks about like block 5 did in my last pic of it.

the sewer work seems to have wrapped up on China Basin St and MB Blvd North west of Fourth. would love to see those start to be formally built now.

Last edited by timbad; Mar 19, 2013 at 5:45 AM.