View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 7:20 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady73 View Post
- Went by block 7 this morning and can also confirm they have taken up pavement in one corner of the lot. They are also doing some drilling, which I think may be soil testing. That white truck is always the precursor to development starting.
when I went by there today, it looked to me like mostly what was going on was storage of rubble, on 7E. nothing was happening on 7W (which is the David Baker project site) except for a snoozy Canada goose, here in the foreground (the glare is off the white truck mentioned):

Quote:
- This seemed to quietly happen, but the old Carmens shed was finally torn down on the 4th st. bridge, but the pier remains. Don't know if/when they plan to rip the rest of it out?
hey yeah, they were sneaky, I hadn't even noticed this! I always thought it would be neat if they could make a funky location like that work for a little restaurant or café again. I only ever visited the old Carmen's once, and was not overly impressed, but I thought the general idea had potential, and might have been the best piece of 'flavor' that MB could muster. anyway, here it is (not):

Quote:
- Does anyone know if they still plan on putting the 5th street pedestrian bridge in over the creek? Have seen anything on that in ages.
as far as I know, that is still the plan; think they're just waiting for there to be more residents and amenities south of the Creek that would make people want/need to cross it.

Quote:
- Anyone hear anything lately about Dagget Place at 7th/16th? I thought they would have started on that a long time ago.
yeah, this one is dragging. already a year and a half ago, people were talking about how long the approval process had taken. Archstone, which had owned the site and planned to start construction summer 2012, was bought by Avalon and someone else around the end of last year, but I have no idea if that has further delayed this. at about the same time, Planning exempted the project from having to pay neighborhood impact fees, since it included Daggett Park.

Quote:
- From a distance, it looked like rebar was going up on Block 11, so that as well will be rising soon.
another thing I hadn't noticed, thanks Brady! this one is tucked so far back it is easy to miss activity there. not sure if you can make out, an excavator was at work over there today: