View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
Yeah, it is not clear what You really mean.
By subway stations do you mean any rail station, either heavy, light or commuter ubicated on an underground or subterranean level?

And what do you mean by cities, is it municipalities or metropolitan areas?

As crawford said, there is an underground light rail station in Union City that could be considered either on that city, as a separate entity or in metropolitan New York. Also PATH Have some underground and some elevated stations. If You also include commuter rail, then I think that Penn Station could be considered as such, since it is located underground, as millenium station in Chicago is.
Those are all valid questions, as in I wasn't laying out a whole lot of rules to the list.

I simply mean a form of rapid rail transit that is underground and connected within a region. So for instance, you could consider New York's Subway system as one , and Path in New Jersey another. There are always variables that make it perplexing to ponder up a list. So make your own list, with your own rules. This isn't a super serious question.

In my own mind, I would consider St Louis' Metrolink one city's system with 4 subway stations, despite the fact that it goes through various other suburban cities in Illinois and Missouri. It's all run by the same agency.