View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 2:53 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emprise du Lion View Post
I would assume that the fares are staying the same, or at least comparable. I'm not certain though.

I'm also not certain if the speed increase only applies to the Lincoln Service trains or the Texas Eagle trains as well.

It would depend where you're coming from and going to. I have a lot of relatives in the Metro East, and earlier this month I went from Belleville to Lakeview in Chicago in about 5 hours. I made it to the city just in time for rush hour too since I didn't leave until about noon.

I could easily see it taking 5.5 or longer depending on where in STL you're coming from though.
going across the river and then that slowwwwww creaky turn north over east st. louis on 100 year old trestles is pretty time consuming. some people drive to alton and take it from there, where they have upgraded the station/facilities. in fact next time i take the train to chicago i'll probably do that. i have in the past parked in a massive light rail station garage with long term parking in inner st. louis county where i live, though, and have taken lightrail to the downtown station.