View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksteak View Post
Agreed....Washington Square Park is probably my favorite place in the city, is there a reason they aren’t going higher? I can’t imagine a place like this would have trouble selling.
I think there are about 6 overlays on this particular parcel that limit height and impose other restrictions. But I do think they could add a few floors. The project approved for this spot in 2007 by the Historical Commission was 16 stories. The floor plans are also a bit odd and scrunched with some tiny bedrooms and a very skinny and shallow master suite on many of the floors. The setbacks off 6th and Randolph are great and make for some amazing terraces for the bi-level penthouse unit. But I'm not really sure why they could not build flush against the Athenaeum all the way through the building (and after the Athenauem ends) instead of setting back after the first 4 floors or so in that direction. The building is about 42 feet wide fronting 6 street and steps back throughout, ending up only 32 feet wide (after the 4th floor) fronting Randolph Street. Would afford some better layouts if they had/had been about to maintain the same width throughout.

Last edited by jsbrook; Feb 14, 2019 at 12:06 PM.