View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josef View Post
This is an interesting point, and I like it. There are currently companies based in suburban places that don't move for reasons, even if we don't like them, like, lots of immediately local employees, CEOs live nearby, whatever things like that. If this is a way to increase the urbanity of their company without the "scary" (or whatever) plunge of going right into Center City, then I'm for it. Anything to cut back the immense, soulless swaths of suburban office parks.
In a way, I think the Navy Yard attracts a similar type of company - other than Urban Outfitters, which went for the space and post industrial setting in addition to the incentives (but they would never have gone to the edge Camden) - so I suspect that the Campbell's campus might offer a partial competing alternative to the Navy Yard, but not Center City for the most part.

Interestingly Brandywine's major regional rival is Liberty Property, which controls the Navy Yard. So this Campbell's deal might give Brandywine a competing product in this niche which it doesn't have for now.