View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2022, 3:48 AM

I live and work in the area, and every night when I don't get a ride home I pass by this area. I hope the Planning Board doesn't get the willies on this... the retail and parkland would be absolutely wonderful for the area. We need the light rail connection, and right now these renderings look better than the vast majority of projects going on in the area, INCLUDING New York. Love what it does spreading the skyline out away from just downtown/waterfront and Journal Square clear across to the West Side. With redevelopment, I'm sure a few more high rises would be in the pipeline. As also midrises, which one already, a 15 story, 170 ft tower on Route 440 across from the current Hudson Mall was just approved. Hopefully it encourages the development at nearby Bayfront to go higher too. Critical though would be sewerage improvements as flooding occurs in significant rainfall. A significant part of Route 440 will be converted to a boulevard, and the area could become incredibly transformed and very livable, with plenty of retail, restaurants and parkland. Hopefully, at least 15% can be designated for affordable housing. Anyway, hope this transformative process for the neighborhood starts coming together starting in the next year or so.