View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 6:12 PM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGSEGV View Post
What behaviors do you think are being improperly encouraged? I can understand that if you have minor symptoms, isolation instead of testing can make sense, but other than that? Do you think people should avoid isolating if they're sick or not wear a mask in public?
Indoor mask mandates
Now vaccine mandates in Cook County
All of the testing parameters, kids having to test for COVID and then stay home from school if they are positive (but not if it is anything else, apparently)

I realize you support this stuff, so lets get beyond that and dig into realistic policy: It is literally is too much for a lot of people, and at some point Government over-involvement in these things just starts having the opposite effect. Remember what our goal is: to not overwhelm the healthcare system. We got way more than what we bargained for, too much more.

It's like we lost our ability to deal with the reality of respiratory illnesses in our society: we actually had more common sense 2-3 years ago than we do now. Up until very recently people understood that sometimes kids get sick at school, and it builds their immunity. Parents would keep them at home. Up until very recently people understood that you stay home if you aren't feeling well, but that if you catch something when out and about that is the reality of being alive--it's not a death sentence. In the post-vaccine COVID world we were beginning to regain that, but then people decided that any illness is a failure, and that is precisely what has changed from the pre-COVID world.

Better leadership would have corrected that thinking several months ago, but instead the current crop of chosen healthcare leaders have gone along and humored this delusion that nobody should ever get sick again. Some sickness is necessary to build immunity, especially in a world of evolving and rapidly spreading viruses. That wisdom is just getting thrown away, and to our detriment.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q