View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 4:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reparcsyks View Post
You beat me to the punch Noam215. With Fairmount Ave taking off and the Divine Lorraine looking prettier every day, 1300 Fairmount could be the lynchpin that really sets this area on fire. I predict this development will be as transformative as East Market.
Exactly right! Even with all the projects occurring in Center City and University City, 1300 Fairmount is one of my most anticipated projects in the city (and certainly the most anticipated in North Philly). This project has the potential to completely transform that portion of Lower North Philadelphia, and act as a connection between all the development that has occurred in the Fairmount and Francisville neighborhoods. I hope all the acreage between Broad, 13th, Ridge/Mount Vernon, and Brown gets filled with new development. The only challenge with creating a cohesive neighborhood is the suburban-style PHA development in Ludlow, but I still have high hopes for this area.

As a student of Temple University, I'll say it again: North Broad Street between Girard and Susquehanna Avenues (I would LOVE to see it extended all the way to Lehigh Avenue) should become an innovation corridor similar to Market Street in University City. Temple is a university that continues to climb the ranks every year. My college, the Fox School of Business, is one of the top business schools in the nation, for example. As this continues, Temple has the potential to attract capital from companies looking to capitalize on what is being produced there: high-quality talent. The neighborhoods that surround Temple also have the potential to host long-term residents and renters alike. North Broad Street is the logical anchor for the area, as it allows for the highest density and easy access to public transportation. Morgan Hall and 1324 North Broad, along with the Divine Lorraine restoration and 1300 Fairmount, should demonstrate what could eventually be the norm along North Broad.

Temple University '18 ']['