View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2021, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nito View Post
Vaccines will never be 100% effective; but what they do excel at is rapidly reducing the possibility of getting ill, let alone hospitalised or die.

10023 you mentioned earlier that you don’t care that the people who are falling victim are overwhelmingly those who are unvaccinated, but you should care. Regardless of their ignorance and stupidity to not get vaccinated, more people dying or suffering long-term medical conditions will have an indirect cost on you, me and the rest of society. There was a father in his mid-30’s who died from Covid the other week, leaving behind two young kids who – from a statistical perspective – likely to experience more adverse life prospects.
Then his kids will think twice about not getting a vaccine when the next big virus comes into their lives as adults.

Of course there are some indirect costs, but (as I have stated before), it's the only way you are going to convince these morons to get a vaccine. If they go through a major bout of covid, or start seeing their friends and family falling to this thing, that's a very real impact on them directly that will do way more to communicate the importance of a vaccine than seeing online social media posts.

This is why some of us don't care. I can't feel sympathy for people who spit in the face of science and willfully choose to put themselves at risk. People do this with risk all the time, but you can't fix stupid.