View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2021, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post

For me, N 3rd in Old City feels like a contender but it's very tight (space wise) and the locals would freak about parking etc if some high volume stores came in.
... .
...As an Old City-er, I'd welcome an increase in new stores like that. While 3rd street might be tight, there is a huge opportunity on 2nd street with several larger format spaces available.

It's always been surprising to me that 1. 2nd street hasn't been given the same treatment as 3rd street with trees and lamposts etc. and 2. that there hasn't been any bars or restaurants opening between Race and Market. I know there was a semi-ordience that the Old City Civic Association had in place when Old City was trashy but that association has been gone for years. There was a rumor that the old Economy Restaurant supply store on the corner of Arch and 2nd was developing into a boutique hotel and restaurant on the bottom floor but that place has been down to studs for years.

There's a lot of vacancies in OC right now. If I were a bar guy, I'd be snapping this stuff up right now... .