View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2021, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
Where on Chestnut, Locust and Broad? There's like 1 store on Broad Street (Banana) and as stated, it's closing.

Retailers need adjacencies. Walnut Street as I said is logical but the rent is exhorbitant. Chestnut is only slightly less expensive and still exhorbitant, also, the floor plates are huge so you need to have a certain size to be a good fit. Market has Market East which PREIT shit the bed on and incorrectly positioned as an outlet center (instead of a big box location), so the damage is done (i.e. Shoppers World). Where on Locust? Next to the 1 store? Suit Supply?

So where else where a retailer wouldn't be a pioneer?
How are floorplates on Chestnut too big? Its a mixed bag really. If anything the complaint has been that floorplates in Rittenhouse are too small. I don't understand why prospective retailers seem to be so fastidious in Philly - its not the moon landing. Floorplates in Boston's Back Bay (Newbury and Boylston) are much more awkward (most are old converted narrow brownstones with stoops) but they still seem to attract quality retailers.