View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2023, 2:10 AM
Show me the blueprints

Since I'm posting I just wanted to make a quick prediction about the name Grand Central Madison...

It will have a short life. Nobody likes saying it. It makes little sense to anyone other than a tourist who doesn't know anything, and even then actually lends confusion. No one is going to think of the LIRR tracks at GCT as anything other than Grand Central. And it makes even less sense referring to the service itself as Grand Central Madison as a replacement for ESA. The logo headboard they made for the first run will be one of the few things people remember of the name. I think MTA actually already know this. The destination boards say Grand Central. The destination LED on the train itself says Grand Central. Even the City ticket has Grand Central printed on it. I predict MTA will quietly scuttle the name and when it does need to refer to the deep LIRR area of GCT as a physical location it will just be called the Madison Concourse or the LIRR platforms.

They need to be told to stop trying to make Grand Central Madison happen.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding