View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2008, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArteVandelay View Post
Regarding questions about the Brownline rehab - I'm fully aware that for riders purposes the brownline has been under construction for a couple years now, with associated delays, etc. However, the vast majority of that work has been related to replacing stations, not rails and ties. There are some exceptions to this in the North Main area between Belmont and Fullerton, but generally speaking you have new stations on the Brownline with old rotting ties on the tracks. Replacing those ties and rails is what will begin shortly.

And to go with what others were mentioning before, a couple years ago the system was not covered with slow zones - however, it should have been. The condition of the system in places was terrible. The worst spots have been tackled or are being worked on now.

CTA basis its bonding on the fact that if they do not upgrade the system, ridership will dimensish, farebox receipts will drop, and so on.
.....I 've asked this question once or twice before but I never really got a good answer.......they are re-building all the stations on the Brown Line.....but the steel BETWEEN the stations is still 100yo steel and in many places it looks totally rusted out (my opinion only) ......are they going to spend another $500MM some time soon to replace all that rusted steel between the stations or is that steel "good to go" for another 100 years ?