View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 4:51 PM
devout Pizzatarian

i don't think anyone has mentioned Park Ridge yet, but if we're including small potatoes places like thrillmette and winnetka in the discussion, then a more substantial downtown like park ridge absolutely has to be included. mount prospect too. and hell, palatine too. if we're gonna include that level of suburban downtown, there are so many to list. lombard, downers grove, wheaton, libertyville, homewood, brookfield, glen ellyn etc. etc. - just take a ride on all of the metra lines.

and urb, if you're adding aurora and elgin for their architectural legacy, then joliet absolutely has to be included in that group too, but i don't have pics unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
I love how these downtowns (at least the ones I've been to) feel connected *to* Chicago and not *apart from* Chicago like the old rail commuter suburban downtowns west and sw of St. Louis often feel.
commuter rail that has grown with its metro area for well over a century is a beautiful thing.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Apr 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM.