View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 25, 2020, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^^
23rd and Cherry project is low slung bldg project. I'm curious why it isn't taller in the range of 100-150ft. Seems like very desirable to the Riverwalk, new Giant supermarket, the trails along the Schuylkill River and 30th Street trans hub.
Zoning. It's bizarre. I did a post a few months back, but you're right, in every direction except directly south (where those new city McMansions are), there are high rises, mid rises. 4 floors, and the size of this lot, man, missed opportunity for a taller building. I guess PMC sees a lot of savings by not building vertically, so they spread out the units across the lot over 4 floors. Don't get me wrong, the design looks nice, but damn, 4 floors!

The 1823-35 Callowhill proposal, finally?!? That lot has had proposals come and go for last 5 years, hopefully Oren finally gets it done.

Morgan Lewis is still full steam ahead for the new HQs at 2222 Market. I was curious that the floor plans appear to be totally open, no individual offices at all (reviewing the CDR). I thought maybe in the covid-world that the interior design might change--and the business/corporate trend for big, open floor spaces over the last decade might come to an end. I guess not.