View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2015, 7:41 PM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ I've been on the Metra a few times in the last few weeks, and observed that the Golf station project is already under construction.

I"m not sure if it's the same thing Ardecila is referring to, but right outside the Metra windows at the Golf station stop is a pretty sizable multifamily project U/C.

I know that we aren't Washington DC, but I actually don't think Chicagoland is doing too bad with TOD in the suburbs. I have visited many suburbs over the years, and a lot of them have a good number of newish multiunit buildings near their Metra stations. Some towns are doing a better job at this than others, of course, but Glenview, Golf, Naperville, Des Plaines, Arlington Heights, Northbrook, Downers Grove are at least a few that come to mind that have really taken advantage of real estate around their trains stations.
I haven't seen the new development around Golf but I would have to disagree with you about Northbrook and Naperville. Northbrook's downtown in particular is a disaster.

I would agree with you on Arlington Heights, Des Plaines, and Glenview finally putting through plans to turn the corner.