View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2013, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Yes, the open office plan doesn't work for all companies, especially places that deal with privacy. But it's striking a balance between well daylit environments, good airflow, and sound control. Being in a tall enclosure with low ceilings and static air isn't good for productivity either.

Not all studies cover the age of employees. I'm willing to bet the younger generations are more adapted to open offices. It's a generation that is wired to their phones listening to music. It's not hard to put up that psychological wall around you and stay focused.

A well designed office will supplement plenty of small enclosed conference rooms for employees to handle private conversations.

I'm willing to accept a diminishing trend when furniture manufactures dominate their product line with high wall office systems, but they aren't.
Well I am 26 and still at University, so I have some perspective on that. When I was studying architecture in an open studio with 15 other students that I could bounce ideas around with, it was great. When I am at the library studying pharmacology and everyone else around me is talking, playing music and movies, it's not so great.