View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2008, 5:35 AM
My Mind Has Left My Body

Well since the deal with the state has died and it doesn't the condition of Wrigley doesn't seem dire I am guessing any plans to revamp Wrigley will not be seen for a number of years at least......

Quote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,6822610.story

Cubs documents: Wrigley condition not dire
By Phil Rosenthal | Tribune media columnist
10:14 PM CDT, June 10, 2008

Despite earlier indications that Wrigley Field needed urgent costly repairs, documents received Tuesday by some of the prospective buyers of the Chicago Cubs offer a less dire portrait of the aging park's condition, sources with knowledge of the so-called books said Tuesday.

Two separate books are in circulation. One, at around 125 pages, is said to cover financial information and other data for the team, Wrigley Field, and Comcast SportsNet Chicago, a regional cable network in which the ballclub owns a stake. The second, at 75 pages or so, went only to potential bidders for Wrigley and covers only that property.

Sources indicated the books make no specific representation as to the condition of Wrigley Field and the work that needs to be done, even though the urgency of major capital expenditures on repairs and improvements was front and center as owner Tribune Co. sought to transfer ownership of the ballpark to the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority. Those negotiations broke down Monday...............