View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 6:15 PM

Hampton Hub opened earlier this week in the old Hunter Gatherer spot. Looks like a small eatery/coffee shop. Named after Fred Hampton, the famous civil rights activist and Black Panther.

There is still a small space east of the Hampton Hub that is vacant, I believe there is still something in the works there.

Also of note, the townhouse complex on the North side of the block is for sale. Apparently there was to be housing for the less fortunate, but I’m not sure of the status as the property is still listed for sale on Colliers. Obviously housing like this is desperately needed, but in my opinion that block would be better served by new low to mid rise affordable housing, with more retail/restaurants at street level

I personally feel that 15th and the Gen Hospital area has the most potential to become Regina’s Riversdale. Already existing retail/restaurant, existing apartment supply, proximity to the grocery on Broadway, and planned developments on the south side of the neighbour hood. Just need a bit more time and creativity