View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier
And Milwaukee's airport is much further from Chicago than Gary's, so that city's airport should be given top consideration to fulfill the overflow of air traffic from O'Hare and Midway.
Umm, not really true, Gary is almost if not as far from O'hare as MKE. Look at a map and notice that O'hare is on the Northwest side of Chicago and MKE is on the far south side of Milwaukee, while Gary is on the Far south East side of Chicago, there is not much of a difference as far as raw distance goes. Then take into account how you have to drive clear through Chicago to get between O'hare and Gary, *cough* TRAFFIC *Cough*, something there is not much of between O'hare and MKE...

Yes Oskosh49 I know about that new train station, in fact, I frequently use the Hiwatha line when I go home to Milwaukee to visit family. What I was talking about was the highspeed version directly to O'hare they proposed a few years ago. I don't see why it would be an issue to run high speed trains through the "rich northern suburbs" of Chicago, its not like they would be building new tracks and condemming houses to build it, the tracks already exist, they would just need to make them welded tracks and improve some of the road crossings.

Anyhow it was just a thought and inquiry because they sure made a huge stink about it two or three years ago when they proposed it!