View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 10:12 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
LAX is making major improvements, but it's still far and away my least favorite airport to fly out of. The traffic and congestion in the central drop off area can be absolutely absurd. Each of the terminals are fairly small and self-contained, so you can't just pop over to another terminal for different food options if you want. Terminals are almost always extremely crowded and have limited food options that are also crowded. There's no consistent design language among the terminals-- Bradley Intl terminal is a beauty, but some of the others, like United, are outdated and ugly. It's just a very stressful airport experience every time I go there.

Good news is they are rebuilding most of the terminals, which should improve things somewhat. Though the recently renovated Delta terminal still leaves much to be desired (it's not complete yet, so I'll wait to reserve full judgement, but so far it seems quite unimpressive). The automated people mover will also be a HUGE improvement for LAX, as it will eliminate all the shuttles and most of the personal traffic in the central terminal area. I cannot wait for that to open, as it will make ground connections to transit and ride share much smoother.

I fly out of Burbank as much as possible.
Once the LAX/Metro Transit Center station is completed and opened, that should help improve things as well. It won't be a one seat ride but at least there will be a direct rail connection. Right now, from Westchester/Veterans station it's about a 18 min K line ride, then 19 min E line ride, and then a 1 min D line ride to Pershing Square. I'm guessing from LAX/Metro Transit Center, it'd be another 3 min added, so 21 min K, then 19 min E, then 1 min D to Pershing Square. Factor in the people mover, maybe another 5-10 min depending on which terminal you're at, for a total ride time of about 46-51 min to DTLA.

Although I guess with Burbank, you can take do a 25 min Metrolink Antelope Valley Line ride to Union Station, then a 3 min D line ride to Pershing Square, for a total of only 28 min ride.