View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 10:57 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta_Love View Post
I've had some articles in the back of my mind for a while on the Tri-Cities but I was up north in a very rustic area when I discovered this thread. This one is a general booster article about downtown developments but it's good to see the same tactics used in Detroit & Flint working their way up I-75 none the less.
Haha. That "Cities by the bay" article is the very same one that I referenced on page one of this thread when rebooting it. I actually had the inspiration to try and dust this thread off after reading that article. Thanks for sharing those other ones though.

I'm not thrilled that the biggest construction project ramping up in Saginaw right now is a new jail. The construction jobs that are 'celebrated' are short-term, and provide only temporary benefits. I don't know enough about the prison situation in the county to comment intelligently on what need there is for a new jail. It sounds like the current one is quite outdated / old. And I know many cities / counties now generate money by essentially renting out their cells to other jurisdictions. Not sure if that is part of the plan here to make the numbers work. That Sheriff's quote was not very eloquent!

Last edited by deja vu; Jun 4, 2018 at 11:08 PM.