View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I do not think so at all. Look at the last few city council meetings. A lot is getting denied or sent back to the drawing boards. The South Central extension is not 100% a done deal. If the lawsuit doesn't go in favor, then it goes back to the voters in August. With all the negative publicity and adding that these two other extensions are cancelled, I am leary about this going to another vote. They've killed a high-rise that was not even that tall. The other fight for height brewing next to Spaghetti Warhouse is most likely going to fail. Yesterday's meeting, a few council members were even questioning the I-10 West extension. Laura Pastor completely caved to the tower protestors which was unexpected. The developer was even willing to got 140'. She knocked it down to 110'....barely 7 or 8 floors. We'll see if the Country Club even pursues building anything at this point. My guess is they won't be able to get enough units in to get this to pencil out and they halt the development.
No doubt - I can't imagine the enormous amount of money already FLUSHED down the toilet due to these invasive members of the community and city council - it would make me want to walk from doing development here if I was the developer.