View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Assuming we grow at the historical average we have been for the last 20 years Phoenix will have A LOT more than 100k more residents in 2036

The metro will have an additional 1.5 million people assuming growth continues as it has.
Much more than that - by 2050 (about 30 years) anticipate it will double to 7M-8M. Somewhere there is a giant ‘official’ state spreadsheet with all these growth estimates...

Regardless - we doubled the last 30 years, we expect to do about the same over the next.

And yes - THIS is what MAG, city councils, etc should all be looking at when planning and making decisions like these.

Honestly - I think what we’re seeing with the council right now is a bunch of people jockeying for position and getting what they can to make people happy before the new mayor steps in. We’ve had a bit of a vacuum since Stanton left and that vacuum has left the city more or less ‘leaderless’.

Though honestly not sure the new mayor will be as impactful as Stanton - I don’t see her as a visionary. (None of the candidates were at the level, IMHO)