View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 26, 2021, 8:19 AM

San Pedro

It seems to me that San Pedro would be an ideal location for residential and office towers. Busy port, affluent areas to the west on the Palos Verdes penninsula, etc. Curious that San Pedro hasn't developed like nearby Long Beach has. Maybe the fact that LB is a bit removed from the port area helped development, but more important perhaps is that LB was (is) an independent city, whereas SP is part of distant Los Angeles, connected by a long narrow shoestring means it gets forgotten. It doesn't even have a light rail line connecting it to the rest of the urban area. San Pedro could be L.A.'s cosmopolitan Valparaiso. Attractive location with the tall hills behind the city and the port and ocean. Prevailing westerly winds carry most of the port and refinery pollution away from the city, towards the east. Large Italian American population (45,000 out of 85,000 total), and also substantial Croatian, Portuguese, Greek, Irish, Norwegian, Asian, and Mexican presense. If I were a billionaire I'd be buying up properties in San Pedro. The place has potential.

Last edited by CaliNative; Dec 27, 2021 at 12:34 AM.