View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
although smaller, the cinci business world is much more diversified and notoriously parochial than detroit's was. that has definitely has helped them weather economic storms much better. just another example of immigration being less of an issue for that area i think.
How would you know this? Why do some of you throw around the word "diversified" as if you have a single clue on the intricacies of these economies and their downtown businesses throughout history.

I think Cincy not getting as much office sprawl is probably true, Detroit has many office centers and they're recently starting to pour back into downtown again. Which is why there's a big surge right now, nobody wants to sit in depressing office parks anymore and companies need to offer more to be competitive.

Anyway I don't think this has worked out as well for Cincy as some of you think, like 3/4ths of the central area was basically destroyed. Macy's just closed their department store and the business itself is downsizing in the city.