View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 10:51 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
Which surprises me. I would take advantage of Relateds offer, move to HY (and in the process build an entirely brand new stadium), and then use the massive sqft to make the tallest and largest (I believe?) skyscraper in the city with the best transit connections in the city.

But I can also see the value in having a stadium on the site, not that I at all agree with it.

The Dolans considered even Farley to be too far removed from the best transit. That’s not completely wrong either. The current site maximizes the available transit options - railroad, subway, PATH. The western yards is far removed in that context, and the signage - a big deal then - would be lost from the major Avenue. (They weren’t going to be permitted to put MSG signage on Farley). Then there’s the issue of approvals. Even what would have been a relatively unused stadium drew up firestorm opposition. The Garden is active daily.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.