View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2023, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightingGuy View Post
Ever since I heard about the extra million people we got last year it made sense to me why our GDP numbers still show that the economy is expanding, but I suspected that per capita we might have contracted. Just saw this article which confirmed my suspicion. We are in a recession and have been for while, and it's not even close to being over yet. Very high chance this turns out to be a depression with a high inflation rate as they try to print their way out of this mess. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this as it's not something I want to experience, but I can't be blind to reality.

Canada Has Entered A Per Capita Recession, Quality of Life Expected To Erode
https://betterdwelling.com/canada-ha...cted-to-erode/

I should add, that this is a recession that needs to happen and is long overdue. Once this bust is over there will be a boom, and it will be real, based off productivity not debt, and we will see a better version of this country. But we need to go theough some pain as a nation to get there. We waited too long and let bubbles grow, so now things need to deflate. But after the bust things are going to be epic. I still think that when all is said and done millennials are going to end up being the wealthiest generation ever.
Based on what?