View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 6:54 PM
Show me the blueprints

As has been discussed before, if and when Bears brass push for a new stadium, it's highly likely they will want to maximize the ROI by having the stadium as multi-purpose as possible and likely anchoring a complex of some sort that can host other events or even conventions - basically keeping it an active money maker as much as possible. For this reason, possible concept locations just based on the availability of vacant land start to make less sense. As amazing as a South Works Bears stadium would look, ask yourself how likely it is that it would get much additional use as a standalone stadium than Soldier does now. And it's pretty questionable whether the additional aforementioned functions would have much potential for success at a relatively isolated site like South Works that is ringed with neighborhoods of questionable desirability. Same thing with other areas of the far south side adjacent to Bishop Ford.

This reality leads me to opine that locations nearest O'Hare actually have the most potential to host such a complex. That is why I mentioned adjacent to the Cumberland Blue Line stop or if you want to get really wild, in a wildly re-imagined center of the 90/294 spaghetti, and while current flight paths may prevent a location that close to O'Hare, future runway configurations may change that.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding