View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 5:40 PM
DENNAB

^^ Oh Moe, lol

Curious, did this tower ever appear on either of their websites? It doesn't seem to anymore.

Quote:
So there is still a tiny bit of hope, as a minimal supertall (e.g. 985') could still "happen there someday". And there is also LSE Site I, which could turn out to be a minimal supertall if we are very lucky.
I guess, I think this was a lesson to have really low expectations in this city though. But that sounds at least somewhat realistic and would still be really cool.

Quote:
What a dick. So he just let's this thing float around for a few years, never was serious about it, and never bothered to tell any of the news outlets which picked it up (i.e.Tribune) that it wasn't serious?

Dick move from Golub himself.
You'd think this would be bad for publicity. I certainly don't have a positive image of either G&C or CIM Group if this is all true.

Quote:
My disappointment was less about losing this particular 1422-footer, but more about the prospect that Chicago might not have another supertall for 20+ years.
20 years is a pretty long time and a lot can happen. Chicago's supertalls have been sporadic, like Trump Tower was the first supertall in nearly ~40 years but followed by Vista only ~10 later.