View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 10:51 PM
Registered Ugly

I certainly understand some healthy skepticism, but as others have mentioned here, certain folks love to come in here and try to poison the well. I am a homer-booster, I'll admit, and even I became a little more cautious in my optimism after Covid and Dan's stroke. But some of the posts here should be analyzed against the DSM-V.

The primary reason for my continued optimism was just how much Dan and his companies have done already, with little to no sign of stopping. On the one hand, it feels super shady to not know every detail about all of their projects, especially when malfeasance seemed to run in the DNA of Detroit city government for awhile. On the other hand, we've seen Rock turn out some pretty awesome projects, and continues to do so. Look at the Book Tower. Who else was going to do that?

I'll concede that it's pretty frustrating at times to feel so in the dark, but it's hard to fault Detroit city government's eagerness for major projects in spite of a major lack of details because it wasn't so long ago that rooting for Detroit to turn around was sort of like being a Lions fan. The city operated in triage mode for so long, there has to be some long-term PTSD there.