View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2019, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Crazy to think it, but it's been two years since I posted my last update on the Century Plaza towers, which at the time (April 2017) were pretty far along into the shoring and excavation phase. This one is from Sunday, and we're finally at the standard residential floorplate on both towers, so they should start rising a bit quicker now.

Image Source: Me and my iPhone
Thanks for the update! Some projects seem to rise faster than others--look at Metropolis for example. They must have had a more aggressive construction schedule with more workers. This project moves at a more stately snailish pace apparently. Hopefully it will start rising faster now. A floor a week perhaps? I vaguely recall reading that the Empire State Building went up at a floor a day or two once the foundation was completed and the steel got above ground level. Of course it was the start of the Great Depression, so they had no problem finding workers and materials. Finding enough workers and resources in a building boom must be more challenging...but Metropolis did it. If the current boom is winding down as some have said (I'm not totally convinced yet it is slowing down that much), perhaps the projects still going up will move faster, having less competition for workers & materials.

Last edited by CaliNative; Jun 8, 2019 at 5:43 AM.