View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughfb3 View Post
September 21st, 2021 11:54am

There was so much foolishness happening on the trains the last 3 times I rode it, drug use out in the open, people yelling at bystanders... I just can't even. These people saw me standing right next to them and didnt care and proceeded to light and smoke whatever they had in that tinfoil. This is why I now support the development of fully automated train systems for Los Angeles so that we can demand the "driver" staff position be shifted to a conductor position that roams around the train, validates fares and ensures safety. Ironically the green line was built to be a grade separated automated “light rail” but the unions killed this because they wanted those jobs. No more driver sitting in a cockpit ignoring the riffraff that's happening behind them. I just can't even anymore with the trains... and I LOVE trains. I've really tried and since the 2020 shutdowns it has been ridiculous.

If you've followed my post for the last 15 years, I've supported and been advocating for the subway to expand and for light rail to increase. I would attend metro rail meetings and have been at every rail grand opening in LA since the 2009 Eastside gold line opening. I used to ride the red line every day for work from Hollywood to Downtown LA while having a car sitting at home... my tune has shifted. From now on, the Sepulveda Pass needs to be a fully automated train like Vancouver Skytrain technology (Expo & Millennium lines, not that new Canada line sh*!), and hopefully we get more lines with same technology that expand. Luckily, both P3 proposals for Sepulveda have automated options in their proposals, it would be up to metro to say yes to automation. The gateway cities Eco Rapid Transit were advocating for a few decades to have the West Santa Ana Branch be an elevated Maglev train, then Metro went with "light rail." This could easily be actual "light transit" Elevated Magnetic propelled trains like the Vancouver skytrain as well.

Finish extending the "light" and heavy rail lines we got to completion, then use fully automated tech on brand new lines and open up more battery electric streetcars. This plan would spur development and "hopefully" create a safer atmosphere

Automated Driverless Linear Induction Motor propelled trains for Los Angeles....

"ADLIM for LA!"

Dang... I just coined that. Might need to make a movement around it. haha.
If inappropriate behaviour is as common as you suggest, then there needs to be an investment in transit security officers who randomly roam the trains and stations in pairs.