View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2021, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
To be honest I've found the OCS for Cincinnati streetcar to be pretty garish from the beginning. Instead of using less visually intrusive tensioned wire supports for the live contact wire, they used more of a LRV/mainline OCS mast with that thick horizontal bracket that noticeably detracts from the street. I don't think a simple tram overhead should look like this.
The project was fully-funded and u/c when the new mayor took office and ordered a halt to construction. Council overrode him but the cost of the "pause" motivated a bunch of aesthetic and operational cutbacks.

I'm not sure about the overhead catenary but I do know that the track was built to LRV specs because of the FTA's USA requirement. Back in 2014~ they couldn't get any lighter USA-made track so they went with heavier LRV track.

The wildly corrupt mayor was just term-limited out. The FBI arrested three councilmen under his tenure and he avoided the same fate only by strategically dropping his iphone in a hot tub. In other news, he and his brother sold a beachfront house in Naples, FL to associates of Rahm Emanuel for $5 million more than its value. He also had the city pay the local tea party group $600,000 to settle their lawsuit over security guards not letting them move one of their b.s. protests into the city hall lobby when it rained.