View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 11:31 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
Speaking of potential demos, what is the plan for the Chicago Central Carrier Annex? I remember years past that it was to be demolished, but that might have been with Davies and his crapshoot ideas for the OPO in the decade he slumlorded the property.
The carrier annex/Sugar House is also owned by 601W along with OPO. Right now they are using it as a staging site for work on the main structure and for the tenants' GCs. I don't think there is a firm plan to develop there yet.

The city is planning major projects to rebuild Harrison directly in front of the Sugar House (Canal to the river) as well as Canal itself, both of which span over the Union Station tracks. If/when those projects kick off, the Sugar House site will be virtually inaccessible except for workers driving into the OPO and the new Post Office garages. So I'd guess 601W is waiting on those projects.

They also own the parking lot at Clinton/Harrison next to the Holiday Inn. They are in the midst of resurfacing that lot so it looks less awful, but that probably means they aren't planning to develop there either anytime soon.