View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2009, 3:46 AM

I went to the restaurant that used to be Vineyard 214 (on Roosevelt at Roosevelt Square) tonight. The guy changed the menu and the name of the restaurant... it's now Bambino Bistro. They have full meals now, not tapas. Brick oven pizzas, paninis, and now a large mussels menu. It was delicious food. The mussels were very good (you get 1 lb and as much bread as you want) and there are quite a few different types of broths the mussels come in. My gf had the classic kind, but another patron had the thai kind, which was in a semi-spicy coconut broth and he said they were really good. I'd recommend it if you can get over the weirdness of the place. You kind of order at the counter and sit down and they kind of bring you your food and serve you, but not really. It's a bit weird/awkward. You still get free sangria. I'll be going back to sit on the patio. The patio is really pretty cool/nice. Oh yeah, and very reasonable prices. A nice mussels meal and very large panini with side salad and free sangria for drinking = $21.