View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2023, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Doesn't London have just as many different things though? In addition to the tube (underground) there the overground, the Docklands light metro, the Croydon tramlink (LRT), and various kinds of commuter rail including Crossrail and Thameslink which are basically their version of RER.

Not saying it's better than Paris, but I wouldn't say they're in separate leagues.
Maybe? I also spent a month in London, but I was in SoHo. In Paris, I was west of the city limits in Puteaux. The stop there had Transilien and Tram. I would take one of those up to the La Defense station and usually hop onto the RER to central Paris. So maybe I was just exposed to more options in Paris as opposed to London, but those options seemed to penetrate close to the core of the city, whereas in London, I barely saw anything other than the Tube unless I was at one of the major train stations.

My biggest complaint about Paris though was they didn't have a solid pass system. I had to go to an office, print off a passport-sized photo to get a monthly pass that would cover all systems. Not sure if that's still the case, but it was a pain to get that.