View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 12, 2021, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
Hello there! My dad’s family, way back, is originally from Winnipeg. In a couple weeks, I’m driving from Portland, OR to Manitoba to meet up with a relative. One of the overnight stops along the way will be Regina. Just wondering if anyone here would be willing to give me some recommendations on things to see and do for half a day?
Hello subterranean, please don't let some of the 'happy banter' scare you away. Reginans are typically friendly. Why don't you check out these sites to learn what things you might possibly want to see while staying in the city:

tourismregina.com

tourismsaskatchewan.com

As for a place to eat, I would suggest that you try a Regina-style pizza. My favourite pizza restaurant is Houston Pizza, which despite the name is a local pizzeria that created the Regina-style pizza many years ago (1970 according to their web site). They have five locations in Regina, and there's one on the east side of the city, on Quance Street, which is right off of Victoria Avenue (main east-west street) that becomes the Trans-Canada Highway that you will be taking to get to Winnipeg from here. Check out their webpage, at houstonpizza.ca Look at the photos of their thick pizzas, which are at least an inch high - and it's not because of the crust. They really pile on the toppings! Their pizza is famous here, and no, I don't work there or know anyone that does.

I hope you enjoy your brief stay in our city. Have a safe trip!