View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 2:15 AM
TL;DR

This seems like a lot of density for a parcel without great rail access. If the city builds the North Branch transitway, that will be convenient... but until then, the only options are the jam-packed Halsted and Chicago buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
A Trib article from last year mentioned that Onni was considering a ped bridge between their site and the northern parcel of the River District. I hope that happens.
I'm still bummed that the River District PD dropped plans to rebuild the Erie bridge as a ped connection.
The bridge mentioned in the Trib would go east across the North Branch Channel. Not sure how that would work, I guess it would probably go across into the 2nd floor of 900 N Kingsbury with stairs down to the riverwalk on that side. The riverwalk is a double-height space so there is room for stairs and an elevator without cutting into tenant space. Maybe a water taxi connection on that side as well.

I don't see much point to a bridge going south to the River District... that would be a long bridge and it's a turning basin at that point so they can't sink piers in the river. Plus it doesn't save much time over the Halsted bridge that already exists.

Last edited by ardecila; Apr 14, 2021 at 2:25 AM.