View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 20, 2007, 7:52 AM

MLB to PDX ...

... has been a process for me the last few years (for others its going on a decade). I spoke to the state senators and representatives at Grant High School back in 2003(?) when Senate Bill 5 was still in question. We at OSC are now at the point of "when" not "if" and we can only wait to see what MLB does next.

NHL to PDX might be done first since both Pittsburgh and Nashville are having issues.

If a perfect sports storm hit PDX, I would see MLB at the Rose Quarter; then MSL at PGE Park; then NFL in Lents, then NHL to complete the Rose Garden schedule. But perfection isn't in the cards. So my prediction is for NHL; then MSL; then NFL; and finally MLB to PDX.

Personally, I really like using the Blanchard site for MLB but that is my opinion. The Memorial Coliseum site should at some point turn into something for the whole region (superior location at the river bend) like a sports hall of fame, observation deck using center court as the base for the tower, a train station for High Speed Rail, and a 365/24/7 Marketplace.

EP
BB at OSC website