View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2015, 11:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Hmmm... would rather have Smith & Gil, Herzog, or Richard Rogers than the contrivance I'm afraid BIG will propose, but I'll wait and see, obviously.
Smith & Gill? Uh, no thanks. Adrian Smith was the head architect behind the tower of shit that is Trump Tower. Again, pass.

Herzog + De Meuron might be the greatest architecture firm in the world. One step at a time. But I like your thinking.

Agreed on Richard Rogers too. He kicks ass. Puts BIG and their silly digram-heavy design gimmicks to shame.

That being said, I still really like pretty much everything coming out of the BIG office. And anything BIG [potentially] dreams up for this site would likely be visually stunning as their work tends to be better than great. They're like the world-class version of Studio Gang.

newcondosinvancouver.com

designboom.com

dailymail.co.uk

dezeen.com

greendiary.com

...yeah, let's not forget how exceptionally good they are at designing tall buildings.

Quote:
I still haven't fully mourned the loss of the Spire. Sigh...
Meh, it was awkwardly tall anyway. Whatever. Would've been nice because Calatrava and all, but the thing looked like a giant unicorn horn. Was never 100% sold on it to be honest.