View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 6:32 PM

Renderings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
The renderings of the rehab of the grandstand have come out. Very conservative and under whelming in my opinion. Not to mention it doesn't address some of the more important aspects to fans like obstructed view seats which take up a sizable number of seats in the upper rows of the lower deck.

It doesn't exactly take a genius to figure that a 6k sq.ft. jumbo tron (3 time larger then the current center field scoreboard) will dramatically alter and in cases block the look of the outfield sweep and vistas that are very much a part of the Wrigley experience and that the landmarks thoughtfully, in my view, were intended to protect. I don't know about you but I think I would much prefer looking out to into Lake View and eve the ugly rooftops then at an overstuffed kiss cam appealing to the ADD set. It would be one thing if I was convinced that such advertising was all that lucrative in the grand scheme to the Cubs bottom line but I have my doubts.

And you are right one has to reserve judgement the hotel and triangle building before renders come out but all I said was that given the Ricketts small track record of disregard for amendments they have made to the park and their plans for future ones there is frankly little reason to be optimistic about them having priority about quality design.
Please... unveil these said "renderings".