View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2020, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONative View Post
Just a FYI... Stapleton is not really "covenant controlled". It does have a master HOA that is primarily there to take care of HOA parks/pools/parkways, take care of the HOA owned alleys, and put on events. All major rules and policies concerning properties are based off the City of Denver. You can paint your house pink if you want without approval and do whatever you want to your property-owned landscaping without approval. I added a balcony to my 2nd floor on my last Stapleton house and they told me I didn't need approval as long as the city approved it. Sub HOAs for things like townhomes are different, but that is the same in the rest of Denver. The farthest the HOA may go is remind a resident that they need to pull their 3 foot weeds or move a basketball hoop out of the way in the alley, but even that usually gets to the city as a complaint.

...and Stapleton is NOT uniform. I realize this is hard to believe for some that are stuck on the fact it's a new masterplanned development. You have all types of architecture (mega modern, simple modern, traditional, tudor, victorian, mediterranean, lofts, etc, etc, etc.) throughout the neighborhood and scattered for diversity (SF, townhomes, condos, apartments also often co-exist next to each other) -- with over 20 builders over its existence with far more than 100 different types of SF, townhome, condo, apartment, live-work, loft housing. If anything, older neighborhoods in Denver (Congress Park, Wash Park, etc) are more uniform with a lot of the same Denver Squares and bungalow styles over and over again (which is not so bad either). Also, things like separate dwellings above detached alley garages are already allowed and zoned in Stapleton....along with the residential areas being zoned RMU or CMU. In fact, I would bet that land in Stapleton would be approved for a multi-family building that previously has/had 3 houses on it ...before a lot of other older/central neighborhoods with the same scenario.
I'm with you on everything until "the older neighbors in Denver are more uniform." There are so many examples of an entire several blocks of KB paired homes, or an entire block of Thrive Single Family Houses that all look the same, or courtyards with the same Wonderlands on both sides, virtually identical. With that being said, I still like Stapleton. Back in the 20's an average builder would build like 2-3 houses a year.