View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2022, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Just got back from Vancouver, having ridden the SkyTrain for the first time. My experience riding it underscored what I already believed: automated, high-frequency, grade-separated (elevated) heavy rail is essential to changing the way Angelenos think about public transit, car-freedom, walkability, and density.

A big, spread out city like LA demands nothing less. Anybody have $250 billion?
We are close to having it here in LA. Sepulveda Transit Corridor Partners; aka. Bechtel, is proposing Skytrain technology with Linear Induction Motors (I know, I'm obsessed) like Vancouver's Evergreen and Expo lines for the Sepulveda Pass here. Be sure to give your feedback to Metro opens up the next phase of feedback.

I've been obsessed ever since I went there and rode the system.

LA really figured out how to do Elevated Rail in a beautiful way. I see a need to share what they are doing well on elevated because there are people in the Sherman Oaks neighborhood association (and other areas) that want to add billions to the Sepulveda pass train by putting the entire valley section underground. They could have beautifully green structures like West LA... and the views.... oh dont get me started

You can't even tell there are tracks and the hedges are higher than the tracks, calming down the sound even more.

This is amazing. Well done Metro!!! More elevated in Los Angeles.

Last edited by hughfb3; Sep 27, 2022 at 2:08 AM.