View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2022, 2:33 PM

I left LA about a month ago for work in Ireland, Egypt, Germany, Boston and Orlando. Just got back and it seems like so much has progressed in LA, starting with being welcomed into Delta's T3 satellite... and its pretty nice. Still to open are more gates and retail/food options, as well as the official head house area for T3.

As you enter the satellite area, you are greeted with a huge window looking out over the Basin towards the Hollywood Hills. In the foreground is a construction barricade surrounding what looks to be like an escalator bay. What are they going to put below?? Is this the same tunnel access as before leading to baggage claim?

Entering the satellite area looking left from the concourse

On the right side entrance is an under construction fancy Alfred Coffee shop

From the renderings to reality, it looks like somewhere between opening the concourse and the satellite area, they changed their wood panel palate colors. In some of the renderings, the satellite window treatments look to me to be dressed in the same color as the wood ceiling panels in the concourse walkway (you can zoom in on picture #1 and see a rendering on the construction barricades). In reality, they are different. The satellite wood is a very light wood that almost doesn't look like wood in the photos I took, but one can clearly see the contrasting wood panels on the concourse ceiling

Looking back towards the terminal entrance from satellite

On the left, a newly opened "Native" restaurant

Other vendors include "Homeboy bakery" and coming soon a "Jamba Juice". I was hoping that they would bring back "Earthbar" from the old Terminal 3. Guess I gotta go to T6 for that still if I'm flying on the South side of the airport. Hopefully now Delta will only put the smaller planes like 737 and A321 in T2, because when they have bigger planes there, it crowds the terminal with way more people than that terminal was designed for... still waiting to hear what they are going to do with the old (now closed off) T2 security and check-in spaces...

Last edited by hughfb3; Nov 1, 2022 at 9:08 PM.