View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 26, 2008, 4:28 PM
Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpaul View Post
Wal Mart could care less if Weyburn store was closed, Wal Mart is sending a message that they will not be pushed around by union thuggery. The Fact of the matter is, the Public LOVES Wal Mart and Wal Mart knows it. They hold the trump card.

Organized Labor eventually runs a business into the ground...such as North American Auto Industry.

Wal Mart is easily the most favorite store in Moose Jaw and the Union has Moose Jaw in its sights.

I hope Weyburn Wal Mart remains in Business, Its very convenient, it being right off the highway. Tourists will stop at Wal Mart, but they will not stop at Weyburn Co-op. It doesnt work that way. Good Luck Weyburn!

I remember when Walmart came to Canada .. they bought Wolco (former canadian store chain) .. and turned them all into Walmarts except for 3. All of which were unionized Wolco's. One of those stores were in Moose Jaw. The towns people freaked ... and the store employees said they'd deunionize to attract the Walmart. It didn't work and Walmart was not part of the Moose Jaw market for a few years. It later opened a new store ... but if it desides to unionize again .. I am pretty sure Walmart would be gone for good.

Who knows maybe Moose Jaw can settle for a Giant Tiger instead.