View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2022, 11:40 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Because we were lockdown central. My friends in the Bay told me plenty of horror stories. I traveled a lot during the pandemic and CA definitely felt like the most restrictive state. Someone mentioned San Diego being cool about it but I had a couple get mad at me for not having a mask on as I was checking out at a Target down there. They went all close behind my back passive aggresively to tell me. When I left the store I saw them packing their car up and asked them to say what they said louder. Of course crickets. Besides that though SD was mostly chill.

The only area of CA that remained mostly normal was South OC, parts of the IE, most of SD, and probably the North State. I bet Bakersfield didnt give a damn.
No. Plenty of bay area people on here, me, friends, and family said it was awesome. This reeks of politics/upset at wearing masks which has been linked to autism (I can provide sources).
Quote:
Nah there were some terrible optics. Like restaurants being forced to close meanwhile entertainment productions got full on catering provided in the same parking lot. Or arresting someone in Malibu for surfing. Or having city workers in Manhattan Beach write tickets for folks walking on the boardwalk without a mask. At the Tierra Mia drive thru in LA the worker asked if I could put a mask on. The fucking drive thru. Shit was stupid. I never experienced this kind of behavior anywhere else.
Again, no. Most restaurants never closed or have at least been open since June of 15 last year. In other states they don't even understand the concept of outdoor dining, while we already had it before the pandemic. California had a tiered system so an experience in Malibu is not the same in let's say, SD or Sac. Drive 15 minutes north or south and you can find an area that meets your tastes. Plenty of businesses did not require masks for the statewide order and it's a scam perpetuated by a select few who claim CA was the lockdown state.

Last edited by TWAK; Mar 1, 2022 at 11:51 PM.