View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 4:17 AM

Well maybe all the Giant Eagles don't suck... I was probably thinking of the bad ones and grouped the whole chain together. I actually had a love/hate relationship with the small Squirrel Hill location on Murray ave... it was my neighborhood store for a few years. I liked the neighborhood feel of it and the fact that I could easily walk there to grab some groceries, but when I lived there, it was dirty, the entire staff of the store seemed like they were from another planet and were so exceedingly slow that it often pained me to go there.

However, even the nicer suburban locations that I've been to in Pittsburgh and Erie seem to lack something though... overall, just pretty average (kind of like Winn-Dixie in the south). And, in comparison to Wegmans, not even in the same league in my opinion. But, I didn't realize that the new Market District stores were full-service supermarkets (when I was there I just checked out all the higher end stuff) like a Wegmans since it seemed a good bit smaller. I'll have to check out the "cheese cave" next time... even the hallowed Wegmans doesn't have one of those.