View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2023, 3:00 PM

^There are countless posts on Chicago Reddit and CTA Fails Twitter that have stories similar to this. . . the last time I took the Blue Line towards O'Hare there was a contingent of homeless bums doing drugs on one end of the car. . . at one point I could see this kid shooting up. . . he the proceeds to get up and walk up and down the car begging for money while his pants were down to his knees. . . the car was about 75% full of passengers. . . noone seemed to think this was abnormal or appear to acknowledge the problem. . .

We don't seem to treat this as a health problem, and the lack of any action from our public officials in charge of this mess just incentivizes the bad behavior. . . it's the same with the lack of punitive penalties for those who commit violent crimes in the city. . .

If I were to run for mayor I would find a way to physically move the homeless off the CTA and put them into some sort of treatment facility. . . I would also incentivize the police to go after and arrest the kinds of bad behavior that is visible on the downtown streets. . . finally I would make O'Hare a priority and hire a team of people to shoo the homeless out into busses that drive them out into the desert. . .

If all that fails, then I'll make it my mission to fund the construction of a giant hole which I will just throw anyone in that I find offensive and smelly or that I even mildly disagree with. . .

. . .